funsec mailing list archives

Re: Thieves Steal Herman Munster's Identity

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 02:18:21 -0400

On 6/21/07, Kradorex Xeron <admin () digibase ca> wrote:
On Wednesday 20 June 2007 16:06, Dude VanWinkle wrote:
> On 6/20/07, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
> > CardCops Inc., the Malibu, Calif., Internet security company that quietly
> > recorded details of the illicit but wayward transaction, surmised that a
> > Munsters fan knowledgeable about the show deliberately provided the bogus
> > data.
>
> The munsters fan has a good point: The phishers shouldnt only get
> accurate data. I think it would be considerate of people to take the
> time to occasionally insert erroneous data into the phishers databases
>
> :-)
>
> -JP

Why not take that to the extreme? throw so much illegitimate data into their
databases they won't know what is legitimate and what isn't, perhaps thus
making phishing not very profitable. and/or cause them more trouble than it's
worth.

Good idea! Also, as someone pointed out to me offlist: you can always
try and overflow their forms and SQL Inject their XSS :-)

What is that called anyways? Reverse Phishing? Phlounder Jibbing??
Phlounder Jiibing!

Either way, fun fun fun!

-JP