funsec mailing list archives

Re: Who has hacked into my Comcast DVR box?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 20:46:33 -0500

On 3/31/07, Richard M. Smith <rms () computerbytesman com> wrote:
Hi,

Apparently someone has hacked into my Comcast DVR box.  My remote control
use to have a button that did a 30-second skip forward in order to avoid
commercials when watching recorded shows.  Sometime in the last week, the
button has been disable.  Most likely the firmware in the box has been
changed to disable this key.  I wonder who it could be......

Richard

Bush!

....of course...maybe the AG...