funsec mailing list archives

Re: Magazine Will Begin Consulting With Experts

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:39:34 -0500

On 3/21/07, Richard M. Smith <rms () computerbytesman com> wrote:
<SNIP>
Consumer Reports had reported in January that side-impact tests showed 10 of
12 car seats performed poorly in tests conducted at 38 miles an hour. But it
later said the tests had actually been conducted at 70 miles an hour.
<SNIP>

For my money, I still only want one of the 2 that didn't fail at
70mph. Seems like a non-issue issue. Rather than retract the article
they could have simly clarified the failure in their testing, right?