funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Canadian Coins Bugged, U.S. Security Agency Says

From: "Tyler Reguly" <ht () computerdefense org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:17:59 -0500

Well now we're sounding like a conspiracy theory list not a privacy list :)

On 1/11/07, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

- -- "Tyler Reguly" <ht () computerdefense org> wrote:

I forwarded the original email on to my colleagues. Apparently this
story has already been debunked.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070110.wspycoin0110/B
NStory/National/home

I wouldn't call that a "de-bunking" -- I'd call it opinion. :-)

Likewise, I've heard through various sources, including the DoD,
that this is  a credible threat.

Also, form Dave Farber's "Interesting People" list this morning:

[snip]