funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Camera monitors for Center City Philly?

From: "Dennis Henderson" <hendomatic () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:48:05 -0600

On 2/13/07, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:

On 2/13/07, Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com> wrote:

> Does anyone know about this specific function in London? Do the systems
> actually parse the numbers off the license plates and automatically
> charge? I have a hard time believing that could work here; there's so
> much variety in the plate layouts, what with multiple states, colors,
> new vehicle plates.

If they do have that in London, why not just buy those plate covers
which allow for clear viewing from head-on but nothing from the top or
either side.

You'd laff out loud if you knew how license plates were(are?) made and
deployed..

It might be different today, but when I was in the UK, in the 80's you had
to have it made at a licensed shop. I remember the laughter as I asked to
have a plate made special to fit the American plate holder of my "yank
tank"...

Its likely illegal to put anything over the license plate in the UK.