funsec mailing list archives

Re: Odd behaviour in Vista?

From: Scott Frisbie <scottf () eacceleration com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:28:31 -0800

Richard,
Just got the 'page cannot be displayed' screen on our install, not the fun
that you described. Clean install, no additions, just the security updates
from M$.
Scott

Can folks who are running Vista and IE7, try typing in this URL in the IE7
address bar to see what happens:

    ie.http://test

On my computer, IE7 goes into a loop opening and closing windows.  I'm
wondering if this is a problem just with my Vista install or something
more.

Thanks,
Richard

--
Scott Frisbie
scottf () eAcceleration com

--Random message printed on Recycled Electrons.--
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi:
        For more than a thousand generations
        the Jedi were the guardians of peace and
        justice in the galaxy. Before the dark times.
        Before the Empire.

---