funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] privacy Digest, Vol 10, Issue 22

From: "Randall M" <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 06:11:34 -0600

[
[------------------------------
[
[Message: 2
[Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:46:01 -0500
[From: Shyaam <shyaam () gmail com>
[Subject: Re: [privacy] City of Chicago Loses Voter Data
[To: Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net>
[Cc: privacy () whitestar linuxbox org
[
[THAT REALLY STINKS. At this rate there is no use for passport or SSN or
[any
[secure ID as everything is being lost these days, infact not by
[individuals
[who are educated using "Security Awareness" but the ones who are
[supposed to
[maintain it.
[
[Any comments ???
[
[Kind Regards,
[Shyaam
[

Yeah, I have a comment. I have not had identity theft nor know of anyone.
But It just makes me fiery mad that this happens and I don't hear of any
heads that rolled because of this type of pure un-adulterated stupidity.
I am beginning to wonder how much this is associated with terrorism. A
little bit here and a little bit there.
Has this always gone on and we never heard of it? Or is it really becoming
so prevalent now?