funsec mailing list archives

Re: class-president-hacks-school-grades

From: "Dennis Henderson" <hendomatic () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:33:07 -0600

On 1/22/07, Blanchard_Michael () emc com <Blanchard_Michael () emc com> wrote:

Yikes!  I think those charges are a little harsh for a teenager changing
his grades.  And expulsion at that!  Yikes!  That's basically throwing this
kid's life down the toilet for a foolish mistake.

But, I'm sure that the courts won't destroy this kid's life, and I'll
certainly bet that after all this kid goes through in the courts and being
arrested, that he'll never EVER do anything this stupid again.

Mike B

Mike, I have to disagree.  Here we have the Class President, the person
selected by his peers as the best representative of that school's class and
he is an(alleged) fraud. Its not like it was the expected one; the nerdy
hermit that forgot to turn in an assigmentand hacked the system..

What if the grade changes were never detected and this miscreant went on to
get scholarships and other false acclaim? Some are probably cheering that
thought, and its a sign of the times where today's youth think that cheating
is not illegal unless you get caught.

:)

Dennis