funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Lawrence Lessig at CCC on Video

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 07:34:11 -0500

On 12/31/06, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7661663613180520595&q=23c3

With other cool stuff there, too.

One comment, one question, and one suggestion:

(C) Good stuff, thanks for the link! I always seem to miss hearing
about these happenings until after it is too late to attend.

(Q) Does anyone have a  list of resources for IT conferences or things
of this nature? I plan on looking up a Linux users group here in the
City, buy any other suggestions would be appreciated :-)

(S) For copy-left Or GPL, why not say "This content/code is free for
non-commercial purposes. Otherwise a percentage of the monies(1) will
be given to an entity(2) of the creators discretion.

(1) this could be a portion of the sales price, percentage of the
profit, part of the retinue, or any section of the financial process
that involves the generation of money from use of this
product(manufacturing, support sales, etc).

(2) an entity could be: the creators, a SourceForge project, the EFF
or other charity, representation for RIAA/MPAA lawsuit defendants, a
political campaign, my grandmother, a rock, squirrel,  etc.

-JP<who is not well versed on this debate, but would like to make
money off the stuff he creates to use for: food, rent, party favors,
and most importantly; a 65' Ta Chiao ketch
[http://www.tachiao.com/Sail/ct65.htm] >