funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Bush and Martial Law

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 05:19:55 -0500

On 10/30/06, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:
On 10/30/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:19:49 CST, Brian Loe said:
Katrina - when everyone apparently EXPECTED Bush to overstep his
powers...and called him a racist because he didn't.

Hey, there must be *some* reason why the executive branch didn't make
another power grab that time, right? :)  Seriously - when *else* has
this administration passed up an opportunity to grab more power?

Well obviously they're making the grab now...duh. The reason he waited
after Katrina is that he was waiting for the STATE to call him and ask
for help - something that I understood to be required by law.

I think Bush was behind katrina, just like 9/11!

;-)

-JP