funsec mailing list archives

RE: Congressman Ed Markey Wants Security Researcher Arrested

From: Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 07:25:25 -0400

Markey is clearly barking mad and totally devoid of the slighest hint
of a grip on how to do what he is supposedly charged with doing --
improving airline/flight safety.

He's a congressman. He's hardly a professional in this business and not
specifically charged with airport safety. You can't fairly criticize the
administration of airline safety because an outsider criticizes another
outsider for attempting to break it.

_IF_ the current system cannot filter out those carrying fake boarding
passes, _THEN_ the current system _IS BROKEN_.

Did I say that it wasn't? In fact, did the researcher say that it could?
No. So what's the point of your rhetorical question here?

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blog.eweek.com/blogs/larry%5Fseltzer/