funsec mailing list archives

Re: Compromised PC Leads To Big Fraud Losses For E*Trade

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:56:27 -0400

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:07:38 BST, Drsolly said:
I manage about 50 laptop toting salesmen. My philosophy in the past has been
they are my customers. They are to be good at selling not computer care or
understanding how it works. I am changing. If you cannot care for the most
basic security needs then keep your dam hands off the laptop!

How long do you think I can keep my job with that attitude?

Until someone notices. If you work for a good company.

Indefinitely, if you word for a crap company.

"90% of companies are crap" - T. Sturgeon, misquoted. :)