funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Who has the biggest DNA databank?

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () bsf-llc com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:49:18 -0400

Ha, ha.  Good one.  I was actually thinking of the IRS and its database of
licked envelopes.  However the IRS database is shrinking with more and more
people filing online.

But your Red Cross examples makes me wonder if blood testing labs might be
saving dried blood samples for a rainy day.  They are the most logical
people to collect and retain DNA samples.  Maybe down the road we will see
police pushing for DNA retention laws similar to ISP data retention laws
that they are asking for now.

Richard