funsec mailing list archives

Boxer shorts made mandatory for Richmond firefighters

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:27:29 -0800

In light of some recent postings, I thought this followed the trend:

Boxer shorts made mandatory for Richmond firefighters
Male and female firefighters in Richmond have been ordered to start wearing
standardized boxer shorts as part of the the B.C. city's  effort to reduce
gender barriers at its fire halls.

Full Story:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2006/10/24/bc-underwear.html

(There is a reason, as a quote at the end of the story says, "I thought somebody
was pulling my leg about it, because it's not something I've heard about before.
With a little bit of retrospect on my part, I think I understand what's going on
and why it's being done.")

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
I don't yet have a solution, but I have a new name for the
problem.                         - Ross A. Leo, CISSPforum, 20050712
Dictionary of Information Security  www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4150
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm