funsec mailing list archives

(sit-ih-ZEN-dee-um)

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:26:04 -0400

1: how come no one told me about this ;-)

2: FD fails, wikipedia fails, american idol fails...does this mean
that humanity needs a babysitter, or am I overreacting?
---------------------------
from: http://www.hackinthebox.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=21489
Larry Sanger, the co-founder of Wikipedia, is launching a social media
encyclopaedia that will attempt to balance the original's democratic
principles, allowing anyone to add content, but with much greater
editorial control.(3) Citizendium (sit-ih-ZEN-dee-um), which will go
live in the next few days, will initially be made available to a
limited number of content editors and members of the public who apply.
It will become available to the masses by the end of the year.
Wikipedia, which hosts about 1.4m entries on subjects ranging from the
advent of Western philosophy to the Wonderbra, allows any internet
user to write and edit its content. This has led to criticism of its
lack of factual reliability and impartiality. Sanger became frustrated
by its refusal to bring in more authoritative control and left after
its first year.

3): selective participation in the democracy.. interesting..

If its not too late to euthanize >=my generation, then I volunteer to
be first so humans can give it another go

-JP