funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft: Excuses on iPod Virus Not Credible

From: Ron <iago () valhallalegends com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:40:22 -0500

On Monday, Apple released a statement on its Web site noting that a
"small number of video iPods shipped with a Windows virus," which the
company identified as RavMonE.exe. The number of affected iPods is
small -- less than 1 percent of all Video iPods available for purchase
after Sept. 12, 2006, the company said in its statement, adding "as you
might imagine, we are upset at Windows for not being more hardy against
such viruses, and even more upset with ourselves for not catching it."

I still think they were making a joke there more than anything else.
But maybe that's just the way I see it.

Also, I don't see why people can call Apple "arrogant" for what they
said.  I mean, sure they poked at Microsoft, but they also said that
they're MORE upset with themselves.  That doesn't sound so arrogant!