funsec mailing list archives

RE: 'Money Mules': The Hidden Side of Phishing

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:14:00 -0400

 Interesting, I've received some of those spam messages for "help" with receiving funds then sending funds (minus a
percentage skimmed off the top for services rendered).  I always figured they were a 419 type of scam....  I suppose
money laundering is even worse, but at least you actually get paid for doing it.  The federal jail time kinda still
would be a HUGE reason not to participate though!

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580