funsec mailing list archives

security thumb rule for users

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:04:09 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006, Drsolly wrote:
I have a better rule you can tell people.

Anything sent to you by email is a scam.

If you see something that you think isn't a scam, that you need to
follow up on, phone up the company and talk with them.

I'd make it "any approach or inquiry by email, IM, SMS, phone, letter or
any other medium is a scam. If you think it may be legitimate, follow up
with the company, using contact information you know of on your own."