funsec mailing list archives

RE: IE7 DLL-load hijacking Exploit posted on Milw0rm

From: Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 06:15:38 -0500

I did. See
http://aviv.raffon.net/2006/12/14/IE7DLLloadHijackingCodeExecutionExploi
tPoC.aspx for the guy's original blog and some comments.

I've been able to replicate it sometimes, but sometimes it just doesn't
work for me. We couldn't figure out why it was inconsistant.

Caveats for it: there's quite a bit of user interaction involved; some
users don't launch IE from the desktop; the file has to hit the file
system where AV can get at it.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/