funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] AP: Feds Rate Travelers for Terrorism

From: SDALAN04 () smumn edu
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 09:17:26 -0600

Yes and let me rate you: Your number is 10053r

:)

Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 15:50:57 +0100
From: Florian Weimer
To: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Subject: Re: [privacy] AP: Feds Rate Travelers for Terrorism

* Brian Loe:

Invasive how?

If you base decisions largely on such scores, it's a bit like
scientifically founded discrimination.  You aren't judged by your own
behavior, but that of your neighbourhood, your age group etc.  It's
not invasive per se, but I don't think completely automated decision
systems are acceptable, either (and that's why I don't run a regular
spam filter).

"Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds" - Einstein

"Cuanta estupidez en tan poco cerebro!"