funsec mailing list archives

record retention rules

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 08:13:44 -0600

I didn't see a response to the last message I sent, but to add to the
conversation: I got the second "retention notice" in a year today at
work. It states that we should preserve all documentation pertaining
to client X in support of a lawsuit they are involved in. The first
one was documentation pertaining to client X in support of their
lawsuit against us.

This I understand, a subpoena was delivered to us and we must comply.
However, if most of the records pertaining to the lawsuit were
classified as transitory...good luck!