funsec mailing list archives

RE: bankone/chase non-scam

From: Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:29:52 -0500

Let's put it another way, online banking is great, but on the
majority, it helps banks. The web channel is cheap.

Of course it helps banks, but it also helps customers a lot. I can pay
bills much more cheaply and efficiently because of online banking. I buy
stamps maybe once a year now. I can pay bills on the day they are due. I
can schedule payments to recur for things like my mortgage that I don't
want to miss. I can pay my home equity line of credit simply by
transferring funds from checking to it. I don't need to get and save
paper statements and cancelled checks; I can see them online. Online
banking is highly advantageous for customers.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blog.eweek.com/blogs/larry%5Fseltzer/