funsec mailing list archives

Re: On the lighter side of news.. ;-)

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:55:58 -0800

Date sent:              Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:41:21 -0400
From:                   "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>

from: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/13/fireproof_forests/

Afghanistan's fun-loving Taliban have deployed a hitherto unknown
tactic in evading detection in their war against allied forces: take
refuge in 10-foot high, fireproof marijuana forests.

I'm not sure how to take this.  On the Wet Coast here, we definitely know how to
grow good pot, and we also know how to burn down wet forests.  I can only
surmise that:

a) the story's a fake,

b) the guys deployed in that region of Afghanistan are all from back east,

c) we grow such good dope out here that we aren't used to plants needing to be
more than a couple feet high, or

d) the guys standing downwind of the burn ops no longer realize that they are
actually fighting 10 foot poppies.

On the off chance that the story is real and accurate, we've probably got some
stoners out here who would be glad to lend a hand in harvesting the stuff ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
People in charge are the last to know when things go bad.
                                                    - Alan J. Perlis
Dictionary of Information Security  www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4150
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm