funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Josh Wolf Update: Journalist Loses Request for Rehearing

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:30:40 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 11/17/06, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:

What countries, in your estimation, provide safe harbor for people who
conceal evidence of violent crime - regardless of their "profession"?

I'm curious to know just because I recently caught a glimpse of a
story about the US' ranking in the world - but this same group ranked
countries like Iran above us, so it wasn't exactly a credible list.

The US was probably ranked due to protecting CITIZENS.

I'm afraid I don't follow you, ranking freedoms of the press based on
the government's protection of its citizens' rights (the only
legitimate purpose of governments)?

That said, any number of European countries would probably answer your
question.

We'll see.

We don't get boastful about our freedom like Americans do, so we'll
probably leave answering your question to other Americans.