funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Federal Judge Orders End to Wiretap Program

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:21:04 -0400

On 8/17/06, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:
On 8/17/06, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
Via MSNBC (AP).

[snip]

A federal judge ruled Thursday that the government's warrantless
wiretapping program is unconstitutional and ordered an immediate halt
to it.
<snip>

We shall see if it holds, but once again our justice system is working
as it should.

If our system is working as it should two things need to happen:

1: the NSA should be ordered to destroy the data gathered illegally

and, most importantly,

2: people need to spend time in prison.

If elected officials are breaking the law. and the only backlash is
"stop doing that", I dont think the govt officials will fear the law.
I think it would be nice to put the fear of law back into "our"
elected officials :-)

-JP<who thinks you should be able to go to prison for following orders
only after the guy who gave them is sent there>