funsec mailing list archives

Re: RE: A phish I don't understand.

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 01:43:25 +0300 (EEST)

Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> kirjoitti:
Yes, but what I'm wondering is, how can it work? If you type in the address in the PNG, you get to the genuine site. Don't you?

Good question. I have not tested the address mentioned with this machine, but the point was that if phisher has domains of
'good quality' (typo-squatter type addresses etc) this method will work sometimes. You have to choose the right font
type etc.
But in this example mentioned you get to the genuine Web site, of course.

- Juha-Matti