funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] NSA Suit Temporarily Halted

From: "Jarrod Frates" <jfrates.ml () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:55:23 -0700

On 8/3/06, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:
Sooo, the plan is to delay proceedings till the higher ups can die
peacefully in their beds at the cabin in aspen.

Not really.  I'm somewhat surprised that the judge allowed things to
go forward while this question -- which will dictate the primary
evidence allowed -- is under appeal.  This is a key legal point that
needs to get resolved.  I suspect that the Ninth Circuit Court of
Appeals will find in favor of the EFF, but that will be quickly kicked
up to an en banc hearing, if not the Supreme Court.  How they will
rule is a mystery, as there is a growing annoyance on that level with
actions of the White House.

Jarrod