funsec mailing list archives

RE: RE: [privacy] Gas prices and car driving

From: Alex Eckelberry <AlexE () sunbelt-software com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 18:27:27 -0400

I don't get that at all. I paid $25,500 for this car, which was loaded.
It includes Bluetooth and a bunch of other toys, like a 6 CD changer,
smart key and a rear backup camera (most dealers try to get a markup on
the car but if you shop around, you can easily get that waived).

Then I get a tax credit (NOT a writeoff) of $3,150 for buying it (AFAIK
the tax credit goes down by half at the end of Sept).

My net cost is $22,350 for a car which gets unreal gas mileage and is a
kick in the pants to drive, with plenty of room for my kids and all my
junk.

It's a bargain.

Alex