funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Warrentless Border Laptop Searches Upheld by U.S Court

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:19:14 -0800

From:                   Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date sent:              Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:07:24 -0400

Didn't Bill Murray do a movie about being stuck in an airport like this?

Tom Hanks, "The Terminal."

Cute movie, if rather unresolved.  Based on a true story, but only in terms of the
premise.  (The real story was almost completely different.)  Actually, I understand
that there is somebody in the Paris airport who is living like this at the moment,
and has been for quite some time.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
I have often stood there and looked out upon my past life and
upon the different surroundings which have exercised their power
upon me: and the pettiness which so often gives offense in life,
the numerous misunderstandings too often separating minds which
if they properly understood one another would be bound together
by indissoluble ties, vanished before my gaze.   - Soren Kierkegaard
Dictionary of Information Security  www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4150
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm