funsec mailing list archives

Re: Big Gaps Found in Japanese Cyber Security

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:43:58 GMT

I was hoping that would get your attention. :-)

- ferg

-- Peter Evans <peter () ixp jp> wrote:

Fergie (fergdawg () netzero net) wrote:
The research by NRI Secure Technologies Ltd., a subsidiary of Nomura
Research Institute Ltd., showed that half of 167 Web Sites examined
could be entered by hackers and personnel information lifted using
common hacking methods, the Asahi Shimbun reported Thursday.

        For what it is worth, NRI secure can't even install solaris on
        their firewall machines ... They are over priced, over rated and
        like most of the NRI group, trade on the Nomura name since everything
        is actually outsourced.

        Oh, and if you threaten them with lawyers, they roll over and
        capitulate immediately.

The information gathered by the NRI examiner, an expert in computer
security, included names, addresses, contact information, credit card
numbers and other personal data of customers and users.

        Ooh, they have an expert. I'm shivvering in me jesus boots.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg(at)netzero.net