funsec mailing list archives

Re: Will Amnesty International be taking up the case of DavidCarruthers of BetOnSports?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:09:41 -0500

On 7/21/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

Manuel Noriega is thinking the same thing.

Hell, we invaded a frikking sovereign nation for that one.

Yeah, I think I mentioned that in my first question in response to this story.

And then we wonder why the rest of the world doesn't like us....

Why do they? Panama certainly doesn't not like us - if they do its not
because we invaded them to be sure, but because we pulled out of our
military base and the canal. In fact, they have one of the largest US
ex-pat communities in the world as I understand it. Looked at
properties there myself!