funsec mailing list archives

[privacy] San Francisco Reviews Contracts with AT&T Over Domestic Spying

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 02:57:49 GMT

Via SFGate.com (AP).

[snip]

City officials are investigating AT&T's alleged cooperation with the
National Security Agency and considering possible "consequences" the
company could face in its extensive municipal contracts here if it is
violating civil liberties, Mayor Gavin Newsom said Tuesday.

"If what I'm reading is true, I've got some serious problems as a San
Franciscan, as a taxpayer and as mayor," Newsom said in interview with
The Associated Press. "And I don't like it."

[snip]

More here:
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2006/07/11/financial/f140225D55.DTL

- ferg