funsec mailing list archives

Security Scruples: IT Pros Wrestle With Ethics

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:57:04 GMT

Here's one survey you should spend 5 minutes to take....

The preliminary results are fascinating, but not necessarily
surprising.

Via Dark Reading.

[snip]

When it comes to IT security, the concepts of "right" and "wrong"
aren't universal.

That's the preliminary conclusion we're reaching as Dark Reading
collects the initial results of its "Security Scruples" survey, which
began last week. The survey is still open for responses.

So far, we've received more than 400 responses to the survey, and the
results show some significant differences in the way IT and security
professionals view their "scruples" -- their ethical responsibilities
in their jobs.

[snip]

More:
http://www.darkreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=104740