funsec mailing list archives

Stupidest. Botnet. Ever.

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:30:10 GMT

Here's something to brighten your day. :-)

paperghost:

[snip]

So, there I am, bopping around IRC and what do we get but a stupid
infection message from some Bot. After running the file and being
deposited into the usual common or garden variety Botnet, I'm greeted
with the rather bizarre message in the screenshot (click to make it
expand at an exponential rate!)

"Legal Botnet Message of the Day:

A Worm Is Unautorized Installed On Your PC.

Do you want to remove this worm from your PC? By pressing the NO button
you don't accept it and this message don't come back + your PC also get
PATCHED for asn.1/PNP bugs and don't get infected on the same way."

[snip]

More:
http://www.vitalsecurity.org/2006/09/stupidest-botnet-ever.html

Cheers,