funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Wiretap Case: 'Drop It,' Say Feds

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:29:15 -0500

On 9/21/06, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
Checks and balances?

Exactly, they're asking the court to reign in a lower court. The
appeals court may or may not do it. I don't understand your point.

The executive branch trying muscle the
judicial branch?

They'll do what they want (and hopefully what is right).

Perhaps I'm too cynical but I'm pretty sure that if you believed this
information could be bad if released (or there was a different
president in office defending it) you wouldn't want the government to
be brought to its knees by some piss-and court...would you?