funsec mailing list archives

Re: Phishers can include (physical) address of victim too

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:22:19 +1200

Juha-Matti Laurio wrote:

--clip--
Viruslist.com reports about the case where

....the phisher included not only the email of the intended victim, but also the postal address.

Sample case and image via Kaspersky Viruslist blog
http://www.viruslist.com/en/weblog?weblogid=198006040
--clip--

The whole story at
http://blogs.securiteam.com/?p=596

Comments (to this list) are welcome;-)

This is not entirely new, though I'm not sure if the earlier instances
I know of were widely/publicly reported.  I seem to recall hearing
other instances of this UK bank, and maybe a couple of others, having
experienced such "personalized" phishing attacks before.

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald