funsec mailing list archives

Re: Smoodge: Micorosft & eEye

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 07:26:05 -0400

On 8/25/06, Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk> wrote:

Him:  No, seriously, what AV do you use?

Me:   Seriously, none.  If I need an AV, then I shouldn't be doing this
      job." [I explained that viruses are a code integrity threat and
      thus that "beating" them simply requires you to have good control
      over what code runs on your machine, etc, etc.  And note that at
      that time "editor" of VB was really the top technical position
      and only secondarily a job description -- the assistant editor
      did much of the "publication building" work.]

so you browse the web from a machine with no av? what about js and
java, arent you worried about those?

http://news.com.com/Attackers+strike+using+Web+ads/2100-7349_3-5463323.html

?

-JP