funsec mailing list archives

RE: More Consumer Reports fun

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:57:48 +0100 (BST)

So they used a spyware simulator to test antispyware.

I am reminded of the idea that you could use the Doren Rosenthat "Virus
Simulator" to test antiviruses. Perhaps some people will remember how the
"Virus simulator" worked?

So I would *definitely* not assume that the 5,500 files they used were
viruses. If they're willing to use a spyware simulator instead of spyware,
who knows what they'd use instead of viruses.

The next step has to be to examine these 5,500 files.