funsec mailing list archives

Re: Police secret password blunder

From: George Bakos <gbakos () ists dartmouth edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 02:27:19 -0400

Why stop there? It gets better if you are a little more patient:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22View+TABLE%3A%22+ID+%22Full+Name%22+email+password+Organization+site%3Acustomscripts.police.nsw.gov.au&btnG=Search

Hey, Nicole and Webb have the same password as me!

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 22:38:05 -0700
Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com> wrote:

Kane Lightowler wrote:
There are also bizarre passwords such as "smellyundies", "enforcer",
"chunder" and "crunchymaggots".

Yes, that does plug right into Google:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:-VwsFzhzp9AJ:customscripts.police.nsw.gov.au/news/jornal/jornalistlist.php%3Forder%3DFullName+crunchymaggots&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

(didn't work as all one query, I guess the list is paginated)

And look, looks like their default is password-matches-username.

                                              BB

--
George Bakos
Institute for Security Technology Studies

pub  1024D/081ECB85 1999-04-09
George Bakos <gbakos () ists dartmouth edu>
Key fingerprint = D646 8F91 F795 27EC FF8B  8C95 B102 9EB2 081E CB85