funsec mailing list archives

Re: Blog to your candidate's content

From: "Jerry Hill" <malaclypse2 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:31:41 -0500

On 3/28/06, Blanchard_Michael () emc com <Blanchard_Michael () emc com> wrote:
Absolutely, if your paid to put something in print/type/text to endorse a candidate, then it's
an advertisement in my eyes, I can see the regulation there.  But, if I want to type anything
that I want about anyone running for any office I should be able to do so un-regulated....   Of
course they can sue me for all sorts of things if what I say is wrong or defamatory, etc

If you're paying a third party to host your website, how is this
different from paying someone to publish your writing in a newspaper
or magazine as an advertisement?  In both cases you are paying money
to someone to make your writing available for the rest of the world to
read.

Or is it only okay to speak if someone else absorbs the cost of
publishing, for instance on a blogspot blog that you don't pay for?
No matter what, someone is paying the bills for bandwidth and server
space.

--
Jerry