funsec mailing list archives

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

From: "Justin Polazzo" <jpolazzo () thesportsauthority com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:36:02 -0700

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=320

I know you guys have seen this on Slashdot, (or from the 2005 article)
but I was just wondering how secure can a remote controlled machine-gun
robot be?

I have seen 802.11 with RSA-type keys embedded into the wireless nic,
rotating certs at a pre-determined timeframe, but I am not sure if
that's secure enough for a battlefield. I guess it depends on who you
are fighting. This will make the battlefield more major geek than
sergeant major IMO.

-JP

Justin Polazzo
Security Analyst