funsec mailing list archives

Re: Wanna know about someone in the UK?

From: "David Lodge" <dave () cirt net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:00:11 +0200

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:00:39 +0200, xyberpix <xyberpix () xyberpix com> wrote:
I can't say to be honest, but it just seems really wrong and troubing.
I can't quite put my finger on it though :(

It's only the edited electoral role and the normal BT phone book - this is available at any public library. (For the non-UK readers, the government *finally* allow you to opt out of having your name and address publically published on the electoral register, why you'd ever want to be sent loads of junk I can never understand!)

I'm not there so I'm happy :-) (only on the unedited register and ex-directory, another thing I can't understand is why peopl want to be cold called by putting their details in the phone book.)

dave