funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] preserve your privacy and avoid reliance on flawed systems (was: Dispute Credit Card Charges at Your Peril)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:21:08 -0400

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:22:35 CDT, Brian Loe said:
Most phones in the US now have GPS. I believe there was even a law
passed requiring GPS capabilities in ALL new phones and to phase out
the older ones. This is to improve 911 service, of course.

Of course.  :)

If we already know where you are before you even dial 911, we can make
the response that much faster.

Anybody know of a good list of phones that will cheerfully chirp their
GPS location, but only after you dial 911?