funsec mailing list archives

Re: 22 June 1633: Galileo Forced to Recant HeliocentricTheory

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:17:10 -0500

Yeah, definitely shouldn't have used plural there... I was just
following the inevitable logic one would follow that if the earth
isn't the center of the universe, what is...etc.. So, he didn't
"discover" anything, but maybe lead those to come to the eventual
truth. Further, he said what couldn't be said and paid the price.
Truth, like freedom, always comes at a cost.