funsec mailing list archives

230 Days of Customer Service Hell over Sony DRM

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:48:52 GMT

Amazing.

[snip]

This is the permalink to the huge chronicle of my continued customer
service experience with Sony BMG to get my DRM/rootkit settlement check
and albums. After I (legally) purchased a music album that infected my
computer with the malicious spyware rootkit program back in November
2005, I immediately contacted Sony and requested help.

It's now been 230 days since my first customer service call and blog
post, and the issue is still not resolved. I've chronciled every e-mail
and phone call on my blog - exemplifying Sony's utter incompetence in
fixing their DRM woes.

Not only did they lose the CD I mailed them, lose my written settlement
claim and then accidentally file two claims for me, they then tried to
pawn off Sony CONNECT codes on me when I specifically requested iTunes
(I'm boycotting all Sony products, naturally).

Hopefully the phone numbers and e-mail contacts I've posted will help
the thousands others still trying to get their settlements from Sony's
spyware fiasco.

[snip]

More here:
http://www.perfectporridge.com/2006/06/sony_bmg_drm_rootkit_spyware_a_1.html

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net