funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Google Cache gone?

From: "Dr. Neal Krawetz" <hf () hackerfactor com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:28:10 -0600

Hi Alex,

It's the weirdest thing!

Firefox on 2 different computers did not show cache.
After posting, I checked and Mozilla and Safari -- both showed it.

I went under Firefox on one computer and cleared everything under the
Privacy tab.  Now one of the Firefox browsers shows the cache.

I plan to look at the HTTP traffic and see if some cookie value is
being sent that turns off cache.  -- Cookies are the only thing I can
think of that would do this.
(And then find out how it was initially enabled!)

                                        -Neal
--
Neal Krawetz, Ph.D.
Hacker Factor Solutions