funsec mailing list archives

Re: Bizarre Story of the Day: Why Faking Fingerprints with Toe Prints is a Bad Idea

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:32:26 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 11 May 2006, James Kehl wrote:

On Thu, 11 May 2006, Ron wrote:

Anyone know how "his ruse was uncovered"?

-JP<who hates stinky fingers>

I was wondering the same thing, that article is extremely vague...

The story suggests he had skin from his toes transplanted onto his
fingerprints. Now, I Am Not A Doctor, but I figure skin grafts are not
child's play. Even if the graft took, there could be scarring - and
surgical scars on fingerprints might ring a few alarm bells.

If it didn't take - and what sort of competent surgeon would get mixed up
in this thing? - he'd probably have necrotic, pustulent fingertips with
toe-skin peeling off them. Zombies *definitely* go to the Extra Screening
Line...

Maybe he just used his foot to give the prints.