funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] privacy Digest, Vol 2, Issue 5

From: William Knowles <wk () c4i org>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 14:46:50 -0500 (CDT)

From: Greg Poirier <grep () reflexsecurity com>
Subject: Re: [privacy] Skype 2.5 Proves Harder to Block
To: Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net>
Cc: privacy () whitestar linuxbox org

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 18:13 +0000, Fergie wrote:
I suppose you're right, given that I'm not a Skype user,
nor a VoIP user in any way, shape, or form.  :-)

But I'll bet this will: http://www.pgpi.org/products/pgpfone/

I hadn't seen this.  Excellent.

Bear with me if this has been already hashed out before this, I read
(and lurk) most lists in the digest mode.

Besides the original PGP phone, there is also Nautilus Secure Phone
which last saw some development time around 2001, its anyones guess
what the status is today. - http://nautilus.berlios.de/

I was looking at the GSMK CryptoPhones for a house project we were
working on, their calls are encrypted with 256-bit keys using AES and
Twofish running as counter mode stream ciphers, and their source code
is published. - http://www.cryptophone.com

and to go full circle, Phil Zimmermann has his Zfone beta software at:
http://www.philzimmermann.com/EN/zfone/index.html

Hope this helps!

William Knowles
wk () c4i org

"Communications without intelligence is noise;  Intelligence
without communications is irrelevant." Gen Alfred. M. Gray, USMC