funsec mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Third-party application developers and the WMF flaw

From: Col <colweb () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:16:59 +0000

On 17/01/06, Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de> wrote:
But this is rather well-documented AFAIK.  In an AD tree, trust
propagates both ways for some obscure technical reasons.  (I'm not a
Windows networking guy, don't ask me about details.)

Yeah true, but the point is, he's able to get Enterprise Admin rights
in the root domain from a non-privilaged account.  Obviously some
hidden method for priv-escalation, if he was telling the truth.

Col.