funsec mailing list archives

RE: MPAA Rips Off Software for "Anti-Piracy" Site

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:44:56 -0600

Freg wrote:

How do you like that? Incredible....

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/01/17/mpaa_rips_off_softwa.html

[and]

http://designetc.net/mpaa.jpg

It shouldn't be suprising, they sue their customers all the time as it
is, why do you think they care about a little script? I agree..something
should be done about it. Just like sony using GPL code in their DRM
software...lets break copyright law to protect ours...

Just another example of the...do what we say..not want we do. We have
all the money and you are just sheep...do it.

-Todd